Background & Experience
Peter Bober served as the Mayor of Hollywood, Florida (pop. 154,000) from 2008 to 2016. Prior to serving as the City’s leader, he served on the Hollywood City Commission as both city commissioner and vice-mayor. He is an Ivy-League educated attorney, practicing law in both federal and state court.
As Mayor, he oversaw a business enterprise with numerous departments and annual budgets of hundreds of millions of dollars. Mr. Bober’s municipal experience exposed him to a wide variety of legal claims including, but not limited to, governmental, employment, personal injury, pension, contract, utility, environmental, infrastructure, real estate, land use, and zoning matters. Combined with his experience in private practice handling employment and liability claims, Mr. Bober has unique experience in successfully working with people to solve complex problems.
- Mayor, Hollywood, Florida (2008 – 2016); Hollywood City Commissioner (2000 – 2008).
- Attorney, Bober & Bober, P.A.
- Representing employees and employers in employment litigation disputes;
- Representing injured parties in personal injury claims
- The Florida Bar
- U.S. District Court for the Southern, Middle, and Northern Districts of Florida
- The New York State Bar
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- The District of Columbia (D.C.) Bar
- University of Texas at Austin (B.A.)(1994)
- Non-Resident Tuition Exemption Scholar
- University of Pennsylvania Law School (1997)
- University of Pennsylvania Law Review